Webinar: Abram Games’ Design of the Festival of Britain
On the 70th anniversary of the Festival of Britain, Naomi Games will give an illustrated talk about her father’s design for the Festival. Abram Games won the competitions to design a symbol for the ‘Tonic to the Nation’ and the Festival stamp. Naomi will give a personal view of her father’s working process, you will see his progressive designs, other items he created for the Festival as well as cartoons and curiosities.
Key points will include:
- A brief description of the birth of the Festival.
- The Festival Symbol Competition and all the designs.
- The Festival Stamp Competition and all the designs.
- Games’s designs for the catalogue and guide covers.
- Games’s designs for the Festival flag for the Campania ship.
- Posters, murals, Festival souvenirs and curiosities.
- Current adaptions of the Festival symbol.
This is a Zoom event, a link will be sent on the day to all attendees. Webinar price includes admission to the Museum, redeemable when we reopen in spring.
Admission tickets to the Museum include full access to our exhibitions. By buying a ticket you are helping us to continue with our mission. The Museum of Brands is a registered Charity no. 1093538.